I shared with you guys a round up of my favorite Halloween wreaths earlier this week, and I ended up combining a lot of those into one simple wreath. Spooky (but not too spooky for the kids), neutral and earthy, and maybe even a little chic with the satin bow. And I still stuck with my Halloween rule - If you add moss and a crow, you're good to go. Trust me on this!
This was easy and fairly cheap to toss together. Although I didn't put together a full up tutorial, here's what I did:
- Start with a plain grapevine wreath
- Wrap some faux leaf garland around the wreath (I found mine at Michaels on sale for like $3).
- Hot glue twigs from your yard to the wreath.
- Drape Spanish moss over the twigs and into the crannies of the wreath.
- Run a strip of ribbon around the top for hanging and add a bow (I used strips of black stain fabric).
- Slap on a faux crow on for good measure!
I had forgotten what I did to our door last year until I found this photo below. I didn't have a wreath so I pulled this webbed look together in just a couple of minutes using cheese cloth and a big 'ol fake spider. Since I know not all of your are wreath people, I thought I'd include it ;)
For more Halloween ideas be sure to check out last year's decor!