how to turn a window curtain into a shower curtain

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

While trying to come up with a shower curtain for Izzy's bathroom makeover, I kept coming up short.  Quite literally.  I wanted her curtain to be hung higher and all the shower curtains I found wouldn't work that way.  So I decided to make my own using a window curtain.  They're much longer than standard shower curtains and honestly, much cuter.

When looking at options, Izzy and I both pulled this one out at the same time and looked at each other with big 'ol grins.  It was the winner!  I had hoped it would be wide enough on it's own but it wasn't.  Whomp, whomp.  But all was not lost!  I'll show you how to take this...  

to this.

  • TWO drapes (I found mine here, and also saw them here)
  • Sewing machine
  • scissors 
  • eyelet kit (found at local craft store)
  • shower curtain rings (I used these)
  • shower curtain liner

STEP ONE:  Pull out your second drape (this is your donor drape) and cut the sides off.  I cut 12" off each side to give me the width I needed.  I cut from the sides so that I could keep the finished edges.

STEP TWO:  Stitch your new side pieces onto your first curtain panel.  I zig zagged the edges to keep it from fraying.  (Side note: Ignore the grommets, I realized after I had finished the shower curtain that I failed to get a photo of this step)

STEP THREE:  Mark the placement of your eyelets (I used 12), cut the opening, and attach the eyelets according to the package's directions.

STEP FOUR:  Hang that puppy up with a shower curtain liner so it doesn't get soaked and enjoy!

If you missed Izzy's bathroom makeover, be sure to check it out here!

1 comment :

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, you guys totally make my day!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |
Blogging tips