Ahhh... the domino effect.
I wasn't planning on making any changes to Izzy's room in the new house. I was just going to put everything from her old room in there and call it good. Except there was a problem. The curtains I had made for her last room were just a wee bit on the short side. By like over a foot. Humpt. I could have added some fabric to the bottom, or even have done different curtains that would have tied in with all of the other décor. But, the curtains I wanted to do took me down an entirely different path.
Here's what I'm planning.
- Add these zebra prints to flank her window
- Polka dot wall (I actually did it yesterday on a whim and loooove it!)
- I'll keep her floating bookshelves
- My black and white striped settee will find a home beneath her window
- DIY these pompom drapes (the reason things are getting made over!)
- Her headboard and white bedding will stay the same, but will add in some new pillows (I'll DIY my way through these as well)
- I had made Izzy a doll for Christmas one year that looks like the beautiful Jess Brown dolls, but I'll need to give her some fancier duds like the one in the picture.
Izzy is on board with the changes. I can't wait to show you guys the progress!