I've got a new project!
Mike told me he found a desk on Craigslist he thought might work for his new office (as in new house not close to completed, and have no clue if it will actually fit well in the space). I took a look at it and told him to go ahead and snag it up.
It's really solid, and I like that it comes apart. I didn't put it back together when I took these pictures, but there's a large back piece that attaches the two drawer sections together and a drawer that slides under the top between the two sections as well.
It needs some TLC, but I think he'll (for whatever reason, I've decided this furniture piece is a boy) turn out handsome in the end.
Unfortunately, TLC includes stripping. Something I've never been good at. *har har!* Going to be giving the Citristrip gel a shot and see how that goes.
By the way, I TOTALLY heard you judging my filled-to-the-brim-with-crap garage that is peeking out from every angle behind the desk. All I have to say is, that ain't nothing. You should see the pulled back photos. It's such a mess of things still in moving boxes and the daily randoms tossed haphazardly. I'm sure they're are slithery creatures living underneath piles of boxes that I don't even want to know about. Crap... I just gave myself goosebumps.
And, on a side note, I've replaced the granny panties I mentioned last week. Yea!!! Thank you guys so much for your feedback and recommendations! Thinking my husband and I need to have a burn party for the oldies :D