What I've Been Up To - Washer/Dryer Stand

Thursday, November 11, 2010

We bit the bullet and finally decided to buy a new washer and dryer. Can't tell you how excited I am to use our front loaders, and even more excited to get them out of my livingroom where they are currently camped out. I honestly have no idea why they had to hang out there, but I decided to let the hubs win this battle. Anyways, I had found a blog here that posted about making their own base for the washer and dryer. Being the cheap, I mean frugal, gal I am I immediately jumped on the idea. I mean, $400 for bases alone, NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!! I think we spent a little under $100 on the total project, and honestly, I think it looks way better than the bases they sell with the set. We modified their plans for the base a little just to make sure it could support the weight of the washer and dryer. Even though it's not installed yet I had to post pictures because I'm soooo excited about it!!! I'll let you know how it turns out. Say a prayer that it all fits!


  1. Hey thanks for linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday! Love your washer dryer stand. I have got to get my hubby to build one of these. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Finding Fabulous

  2. Do you have the directions on how to build this? I love love it. Please share.


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, you guys totally make my day!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |
Blogging tips